John Tatum is responsible for acquiring affordable and mixed-income housing in target markets across the US. He also serves on Wingate’s Investment Committee. Prior to joining Wingate, John led or was directly involved in the acquisition of over 40,000 units of affordable and workforce housing – about half of which were acquired and rehabilitated utilizing 4% or 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
Prior to Wingate, John’s held positions at Fairstead, Jonathan Rose Companies, Related Companies, and Bank of America. John is originally from Dallas, Texas and lives in New York City. John received his Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies as well as his Master of City Planning from the University of Pennsylvania.
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of City Planning, Real Estate Development and Urban Design
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts, Urban Studies and Real Estate Development
- Fairstead, Partner, Fairstead Affordable
- Jonathan Rose Companies, Assistant Director, Acquisitions
- Related Companies, Associate, Acquisitions, Related Affordable
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Analyst, Tax Credit Equity Investments
WITH WINGATE SINCE FEBRUARY 2023